Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Alternative Summer



And another Summer has arrived.
For a lot of people this means lot of fun and a pretty sun-tan.
To me it just means suffering under the sun and getting sun-burnt. My skin it’s too pale and my wardrobe too dark for summer.
But lately I’ve been trying to find some ways to avoid getting burnt or getting mad every time I have to get out of my house.

Here are three ways to survive to summer keeping our style.

💀 Cut everything that can be cut. You just need some clothes and scissors. Oh, also some creativity. For those who have really few ideas, I’ll make it easier, here are some:

1] band t-shirts:
Take some band t-shirts and just cut the sleeves. Can you feel your armpits breathing? Nice feeling huh?

2] long pants:
We all have that pair of pants/jeans we don’t really like but that we keep, saying we’ll wear them next winter. Yep, those, if you haven’t burnt them already you can easily cut them and turn them into shorts.
Watch out the pockets!! They may be too long  (those pants weren’t made like shorts, duh) , before you cut them and go around with pockets in which STRANGELY everything disappears when put inside of them, just turn them inside-out while you cut the legs, so you won’t brutally scratch them .

3] cut what can’t be cut too:
Surviving first! So get crazy on those t-shirts and rip them as much as you want.
Here are some examples :


//  skull cut  //  wings cut


4] fishnets:
If you don’t want to lose your gothic style during summer (which is good !) then make a gothic-intelligent decision. Instead of wearing crazy printed tights just rip them.
Too brutal? Again it’s all about surviving.
For those of you who don’t want to rip off their beloved tights, even if it’s funnier to destroy them yourself, you can buy them already tipped off.
For the more creative ones, here are some videos:






💀 Modify everything. Now that you’ve cut everything you may have lost some of your alternative spirit. That’s ok because during winter you can wear different layers of clothes and create something unique, but it’s possible also during Summer.

1] garters:
They are sexy but above all really decorative.
I’ve made one some weeks ago.
If you wanna be less satanic, here is another tutorial.

But thanks to the internet you can find some of them pre-made.
Well, I’m a pro-DIY person but it’s your life (and your money).


2] studs:
Since I’m a fan of studs I could suggest you to put them everywhere (I’ve seen some weird studded panties too).
Here are some examples:






💀 Crazy hairstyles. Summer is the best moment to experiment. Ok, I have to admit I’m not a really good helper on this point since I brush my hair more or less once a week but I’ve found some interesting things to do.

1] dye:
They can be semi-permanent or permanent. Natural (henna) or not.

Just be sure to take care of your hair in order to avoid damaging them.


2] dreadlocks / braids:
You can go full head  or not.
Don’t worry if you have short hair, you can use extensions to get the look.


Ok, I’m done for now.
Those are just some tips for those who struggle a lot like me during summer.

Let’s try to survive and have fun, maybe in the moonlight instead of the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment